Violent Crimes Detectives, on Monday night, seized six firearms and arrested six men after pursuing two vehicles, and multiple suspects on foot. A white Jeep Grand Cherokee, stolen out of Smyrna, TN, was speeding at I-24 West near Murfreesboro Road when detectives tried to stop the vehicle, but the driver fled at a high rate of speed.
Detectives were able to track the location of the vehicle with the help of the Tennessee Highway Patrol Aviation Unit. The Jeep eventually went to an apartment complex on Lebanon Pike, where the driver and sole occupant jumped out and ran on foot carrying a duffle bag.
The duffle bag, containing a loaded AR-15 rifle, loaded AK-47 pistol, and a loaded Smith & Wesson pistol, was later found on an apartment deck.
The driver of the Jeep ran towards a Dodge Ram pick-up truck parked at the exit of the complex. The Dodge, stolen out of Knoxville, TN, reversed at a high rate of speed and ran off an embankment. The two front seat occupants were arrested, while the backseat passengers fled on foot. The driver of the Jeep fled into an apartment nearby.
One of the rear passengers, a 17-year-old from Michigan, was arrested with a loaded Glock pistol near him. He attempted to discard the firearm as he ran from officers.
A second loaded Glock pistol was located by THP troopers in the area that the driver of the Jeep was speeding on I-24. That Glock was stolen from Gallatin, TN.
A third Glock pistol was located inside the bathroom of the apartment where the driver of the Jeep ran. Three men were arrested inside of that apartment:
- Donald Brown, 26, is charged with felony possession of a firearm. Brown also has a pending first degree murder charge in Nashville and was out on bond.
- China McKeever, 24, is charged with felony possession of a firearm.
- Jameel Fagan, 24, of Philadelphia, PA, is charged with felony possession of a firearm.
The following three people were arrested from the stolen Dodge Ram:
- Dontez Good, 25, is charged with theft of a vehicle.
- Cartell McKeever, 23, of Detroit, MI, is charged with theft of a vehicle.
- A 17-year-old from Michigan is being charged in Juvenile Court.